click here to fill out an application.
- please mail/ Deliver to the COnsular Office (address provided below) The Following:
- your physical passport. Passport must be vaild for atleast 180 days from date of arrival in South Sudan.
- An application (click here) completely filled out and signed by the applicant. Please note that Applications printed on both sides of the paper will not be accepted, and visa will not processed until it is replaced.
- two (2) passport sized photo (2 inch by 2 inch).
- An Official LETTER FROM YOUR ORGANIZATION AND OR AN Invitation letter addressed to embassy of South sudan from your organization in south sudan explaining the purpose of your travel.
- A money order payable to "The Embassy of the republic of South Sudan". please consult the below Visa schedule fee for the correct fee for your application.
- a self addressed return envelopE (UPS, USPS, Fedex...) with sufficient prepaid postage for those using mail services.
- if all necessary requirements are fulfilled, the visa can be issued within 5 business days.
- THe embassy is only authorized to grant single entry for ordinary passports at this time.
- Multiple entry visas are only granted to diplomatic and officials.
- any request for extension of stay in south sudan must be addressed and handled with south sudan ministry of interior prior to expiration of your VISA.
Categories of Visa Applicants
A) south Sudanese Nationals:
south Sudanese Nationals who PossesS South Sudanese Passports do not need to acquire visa to travel to South Sudan.
South Sudanese Nationals who are traveling with American Passports and U.S. Travel Documents require a visa and must fulfill all the necessary procedures.
B) American Nationals and holders of U.S. Green Card
American Nationals and Holders of U.S. Green Cards who are traveling to South Sudan with American Passports, and U.S. Travel Documents, must fulfill all visa requirements, and will be CHARGED a visa fee of $160.00 USD.
C) African and Asian Nationals
African and Asian Nationals who are traveling to South Sudan with African and Asian Passports, must fulfill all visa requirements, and will be CHARGED a visa fee of $50.00 USD.
D) European Nationals
European Nationals who are traveling to South Sudan with European Passports, must fulfill all visa requirements, and will be CHARGED a visa fee of $100.00 USD.
E) All other Passports Not included
all other passports not included in these categories will be assessed visa fee according to the principal of reciprocity of consular fees. Meaning that the South Sudanese Embassy will assess the same amount assessed by the embassies of these to south Sudanese visa seekers, subject to Future bilateral and or regional Consular agreements.
E) Diplomats and other Government officials
us. officials or diplomats traveling with diplomatic, official or service passport must bring an official letter (A Note Verbale) from u.s. state department.
officials or diplomats of other countries travelling with diplomatic, official or service passport must bring official letter (A Note Verbale) from appropriate authorities or embassies.
Visas to Diplomats and Government Officials are Gratis (no visa fee will be assesseD).